So if you live in Frisco you have seen the news and maybe even gotten involved in the issue of the proposed power-lines that Brazos would like to have go thought the City. Huge community support – the HOA’s in the proposed area coming together and created this FaceBook page. And from that page is the below message.
WHAT’S NEXT: The Public Utility Commision has opened a docket for citizen input. It has been advised that each and every homeowner (even children) can participate and write a letter (no electronic option). Each letter with the assigned docket number will be read and recorded by the filing clerk. The more letters, the stronger the impact! Letters have to have been delivered to the PUC prior to October 1st.
Here are some of the important talking points homeowners have included in their letters:
- Evidence the lines are immediately necessary…
- Proposed lines will adversely affect over 35,000 residents’ property values and threaten our growing tax base.
- Using existing lines and corridors
- Burying the lines
- Frisco City Council officially and publicly opposes the plan
- Request for Public Hearing to be held here in Frisco
Letters were sent to:
Docket Number: 41808
(Please make sure you put the docket number on all correspondence)
Chairman Donna Nelson
Public Utility Commission of Texas
1701 North Congress Avenue
P.O. Box 13326
Austin, Texas 78711-3326